The New BSPD Award– Application Form
– Annual application where closing date will be 15th June 2012
– Open to Trainee or consultant member of the BSPD, fixed sum of £500
– Applicants must submit a 750 word proposal detailing their proposed experience and why they think it is necessary
– A copy of their CV to date
– A breakdown of the costs incurred in gaining this experience
The BSPD executive committee will consider these applications at the July Executive meeting at the BAD each year.
BSPD Trainee Fellowship- Application Form
Every year the British society of Paediatric Dermatology awards a fellowship grant to support a UK trainee to undertake further training or research project in paediatric dermatology. Projects must be related to paediatric dermatology and have relevance to improving knowledge and / or service provision in the UK. The £2000 grant is awarded following assessment of the applications by the Executive Committee. The full amount may be awarded to an individual or be split between two individuals.
The BSPD will announce the successful candidate(s) at the BSPD annual meeting. The fellowship must be completed within one year. Those awarded the fellowship will be expected to write a report about their visit (up to 500 words), which must be submitted to the BSPD within eight weeks of return and to provide a short presentation at the annual BSPD meeting.
- have been members of the BSPD for at least 6 months at the time of the application
- be trainees in dermatology, paediatrics or paediatric dermatology
- be working in the UK
Electronic forms should be submitted via the link above with an attached one page CV.
This is a unique opportunity to do a fully funded PhD project at St John’s Institute of Dermatology/King’s College London, looking at the effect of domestic water quality, in particular water hardness, on skin barrier function and eczema risk in infants.
Comprehensive training in skin barrier function assessments, epidemiology, statistics and clinical trials methodology will be provided at King’s College London and through external courses.
Those who are interested in this post are very welcome to contact Carsten Flohr directly prior to submission of their application.
Clinical Fellow in Dermatology with an Interest in Paediatric Dermatology and Genodermatoses, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust